Today HCL went live with their own site for their collaboration products at https://www.cwpcollaboration.com. It’s Domino-based and we even have new forums you can sign up for (and the sign up process is easy).
The big news for me is the launch of their Client Advocacy Program which you can read about and sign up to on the site. The Client Advocacy program connects customers directly with a technical point of contact in development, it’s free and open for registration now. You can read more in their FAQ here, but for those of you who are tl:dr here’s a taster.
Why is HCL Client Advocacy participation beneficial?
A Client Advocate provides the participant:
- opportunity to discuss successes, challenges, and pain points of the customer’s deployment and product usage
- a collaborative channel to the Offering Management, Support and Development Teams
- proactive communications on product news, updates, and related events/workshops
- more frequent touch points on roadmaps and opportunity to provide input on priorities
- facilitation of lab services engagements or support team as appropriate
You can request to sign up here
I think we can all agree that even in these early days HCL are showing customer focused intent and following up quickly with real actions to reach out and encourage us to talk to them directly. I know this is just the beginning, the foot is down hard on the acceleration pedal and I’d recommend you follow HCL_CollabDev on twitter as well as the new Collaboration site. And feed back. They want to hear what you think and what you want. If you feel something is missing or you have an idea, feed back.
Above all don’t paint HCL with the IBM brush, this is a new company with new ideas and their own way of doing things. Exciting times.
Those forums didn’t last long …
That was on me. I shared the site before they were ready to launch the forums. The client advocacy stuff is there and the forums will be back once properly tested.