Here’s something I found out from HCL recently that I don’t think is widely known and is really good news for anyone who has let their licenses lapse. Previously if you chose not to renew IBM would require a penalty payment (usually equal to 2.5x what would have been your annual subscription) to re-establish your licenses. That meant once lapsed it became prohibitively expensive to start up again.
HCL does not want penalty payments. If you have let your licenses lapse you can re-activate them by paying the last subscription price you paid plus any % annual increases since then. Basically paying just the current annual renewal price even if you didn’t renew 3 year’s ago.
With the investment in the products HCL have already demonstrated and committed to (one major release a year for example) there are lots of good reasons to re-establish your maintenance. If you previously let your licensing lapse but still have Notes, Domino, Connections or Sametime , renewing your subscription gets you access to the latest versions and support so you can benefit from all the TCO and development enhancements already in v10 as well as what’s coming in v11 this year such as
- the Nomad client for tablet and smartphone enabling you to access your existing Notes applications with no code changes,
- the app dev pack enabling Node servers to access your Domino data and for web applications to be written using Angular , React or other frameworks accessing Domino data
- S3 cloud storage for file attachments that can be shared across multiple servers delivering an even bigger saving in storage than DAOS does currently
- A browser based lightweight Notes client that will support all your existing Notes apps with no additional development
- Continual development of the web based Verse client for mail, calendar and sametime
- A browser based low and pro code development environment
- Sametime on mobile entitlement
Hopefully you’ve been hearing all the announcements coming out of HCL since early July In addition to many TCO features already in v10, we have heard what’s coming up for developers in v11 and the work already underway for v12. If you want to know more go here to find detailed presentations from the recent factory tour where HCL showed their current and future plans.
To get a renewal quote you can contact a Business Partner, or reach out to HCL directly
Or the sales directors for each region
EMEA Paul Mason (firstname.lastname@example.org)
North America Peter Phillips (email@example.com)
APAC Sushovan Chatterjee (SushovanC@hcl.com)